- My cousin May will always meet someone she knows although there are only 10,000 inhabitants in Oban! Congratulations to David Stuart Millward MBE, for voluntary service to the Fire and Rescue Service in Argyll. (By Oban, Argyll and Bute) who we met in the quadrangle
- The guest toilets at the palace are almost certainly original Thomas Crapper with wonderful wooden seats with an integrated china handled flush which is pulled up not down
- The immaculate guards could be mistaken for statues, mirror shiny gold breast and back plates, ceremonial swords and white leather boots
- Hunting for the broadcasting sound system only to discover it was a live orchestra on the balcony playing an eclectic range of popular and classical music
- Great that Gurkha officers are present, continuing a tradition begun by Queen Victoria and reminding me of Joanna Lumley and the hilarious Ab Fab
- The Queen's Body Guard of the Yeomen of the Guard, are very much smaller than I would have imagined rather like red with gold munchkins
The award was never just about me, it was always going to be about the people who made me "ME" thank you all.