Saturday 19 April 2014

Rain


Rain

Awaking from cashmere cocooned slumber
Heartbeat rising, senses sleepy, shapes in a darkened room appear.
The distant sounds of pitter-patter splashback on the window
Signals to befuddled brain, smashing water so severe.
Liquid water, cold and fresh, precipitation falls to earth
Gravity sucking water droplets to its heart.
And nestling tender beneath duckdown Tog
I listen to kinetics beyond the glass barrier
That heralds the days’ saturated prologue.
Splish splash. Striking at the blinds the watery portents tap
Splish splash. Squirreled deep under cotton clouds of white
I shround myself  and determine to prolong my snuggled nap.
Let the rain fall heavy and launder fresh the streets with glistening glow
I love to hear the sound, I love to hear its power, the other side of the window.


By Linda Prince

No comments: