Wednesday 11 March 2015

Dynamic Drawing of Dance

I have had a great couple of days.  I love doing things quickly and I love instant gratification so when I found the two things combined in drawing dance, I was in trance or is it entranced?

Dancers creating and compressing space, stepping, gliding, flowing, leaping, their movements so free and yet deeply controlled, linking time. Muscles so honed that sweat mirrors on them.

Drawing to capture that moment, an instant of their time and create linkage, loose and tight coupling from one dancer to the next.

Our world is joined together through unoccupied space.

2 comments:

Judith Jakes said...

Looking forward to see examples of what you produced Caroline. Any chance of uploading scans of your drawings.

Unknown said...

This is great Caroline, any chance of a link to my website? http://heidiwigmore.co.uk/
I'm setting up a new page on my site dedicated to my artist workshops and courses - more to come at Sadlers Wells in September, The Coliseum in December and my own 'sketching on location' workshops around various London galleries and museums coming soon! Many thanks, Heidi Wigmore