Thursday 19 March 2015

The Budget

Watched the budget on tv. I love all this political stuff! I know a lot of people really can't be 'doing' with it and fear the electioneering going on and on ..... and taking up most of the newspapers and tv from now until - well, until we have a new government.

But this is is our time. This is our chance to engage. I had a history teacher at my grammar school - called Mrs Magee. I will always remember her - she used to say to us, "Bairns, you must use your vote - especially I appeal to you girls. Remember people have died to get the vote for women. People are still dying around the world to get the vote." Then she would add the bit that sealed the deal. "If you don't vote - I will come back to haunt you!"

Ok, Mrs Magee - I'm on the case!

No comments: