Tuesday 28 April 2015

What did I find?


Behind the sofa, under the settee
I’m looking for something belonging to me.
I’m one earring short
And I’m feeling undressed
And I have to report
Obsessively distressed.

I take up the pillows, I remove all the seats
I find yesterday’s dinner and mislaid dog treats.
I fidget with the earring that swings from my ear
I stare at the furniture and will it’s twin to appear.

In the kitchen, under the shelf
I’m looking for something that doesn’t show wealth.
The earring is gold tone,
It’s fake and it’s worthless
But I hunt like a dog with a bone.
And it’s all very mirthless.

But what is that shining?
What do I spy?
A glint in the collander
That catches my eye?
Oh, yes it’s an earring – all sparkly and fun
But look at the design – it is the wrong one!
The beetroot is beetroot and now so am I.
Someone’s earring has somehow just dropped on by.
Who is her owner?
I assume it’s a she!
The door opens, he’s smiling ...
A question from me ...


By Linda Prince 

© Wikimedia.org

No comments: